Hunt Library Update #15 — January 13, 2022
New library materials: January 2022
Browse new print book and ebook titles at: https://guides.erau.edu/new-books.
New content or significant changes in research databases
Research databases are listed alphabetically at https://guides.erau.edu/databases
- Air & Space Law (HeinOnline) – We’ve added a collection of historical documents to our HeinOnline subscription.
- Global Terrorism Database – Information on domestic and international terrorist attacks.
- GRAPES (Graduate & Postdoctoral Extramural Support) – An Open Access database of scholarships, grants, fellowships, and postdoctoral awards has been added to our database listing.
- McGill Institute of Air and Space Publications – The Annals of Air and Space Law plus additional publications from McGill Institute of Air and Space Law.
- Military and Intelligence – A more targeted search was enabled in this partial full-text collection of literature on the armed forces, the socioeconomic effects of war, government policies, and more.
- New York Times – Create a free account in order to access daily issues of The New York Times, including special features.
- OAPEN Library – An Open Access database of ebooks in the Humanities and Social Sciences has been added to our database listing.
- SAE Mobilus – Now includes ARINC Standards and EDGE Research Reports.
Library service enhancements
EAGLEsearch enhancements will occur incrementally through this semester. Search results can now be narrowed by date with a click instead of a sliding bar. Additionally, the search refinement “Add results beyond your library’s collection,” popular with advanced and off-campus researchers, has moved from the upper right of search results to the left-hand column.
A new grouping of database research guides provides more detailed instructions for select databases, such as Ebook Central, The New York Times, Mergent Online, Nexis Uni, and even Google Scholar. These and other research guides are suitable for adding to your course Canvas.
Ebooks on reserve
Our Course Reserves Search, (formerly print only), now includes ebooks to make it easier for students to find and access available online course materials. If the library owns an electronic version of a print textbook already on the reserve shelf, or a textbook reported to the bookstore, we have added it to the course reserves in EAGLEsearch.
If you’d like to find out if the library could acquire an ebook version of your textbook, please suggest a purchase and we will get back to you.
Have you assigned a library ebook but don’t see it in the search? Let us know using our new Textbook Reporting Form. By reporting your textbook, we can add your book to the search, track student savings, and let you know of any changes or updates to your ebook.
Planning for spring library instruction
To request library instruction (virtual or in person), a research guide, or a video tutorial, please see Instructional Support options at https://huntlibrary.erau.edu/services/faculty-and-staff.
Help us promote our first webinar of the semester, Introduction to Library Resources and Services, led by Penny Cairns, Tuesday January 18, 2022 at 7:00pm EST. Registrants receive a link to the recording. Students may register via the library website or at https://erau.libcal.com/calendar/workshops/intro-library-services.
Read, relax, relate
Do you love to read? Do you enjoy chatting about books with your friends? Do you like recommending books or do you get inspired by what others are reading?
If so, join us for our upcoming book club meeting. Spring book selections are: The Book of Lost Names, How Lucky and Falling. Each meeting will include a raffle and a chance to win a book prize. For more information about the books, meeting times and Zoom links, please see ERAU Libraries Book Club.