Hunt Library Employment
Library Staff Positions
Electronic Resources Technician
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University seeks an Electronic Resources Technician to be responsible for functions related to access and discovery of electronic resources (e-journals, ebooks, and databases) to meet the information (teaching, learning and research) needs of faculty, students, and staff and to comply with accreditation standards. This is a full-time position that provides support for and reports to the Head of Collection Management in the Electronic and Technical Services Department of the Hunt Library.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities include maintenance of electronic subscriptions in the Alma integrated library system, including updating status, holdings and links; performance of regular tests of subscribed content to preempt and correct e-resource access issues; processing of database and other electronic resources invoices for Accounts Payable; and frequent communication with the Head of Collection Management to resolve problems of payment and access to resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Analytical skills with a knowledge of information systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Internet end-user applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; detail oriented.
- A minimum of one-year work experience.
- Knowledge of the nature and function of libraries.
- Familiarity with Alma or other integrated library system.
- Experience with ordering and billing.
- Some college.
The Hunt Library employs over 20 student employees through the year for jobs ranging from shelving books to scanning materials for document delivery. For current vacancies, please go to the Student Employment page in ERNIE.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The university does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.