Hunt Library Special Update — July 28, 2021
New library materials: July & August 2021
Browse new print book and ebook titles with special spotlights on Psychology and Stress Management.
Additionally, new astronomy ebooks were added to our collection and can be accessed individually by title in EagleSearch. View a listing of the collection's titles.
New content or significant changes in research databases
Research databases are listed alphabetically.
- ICAO Data+ – We’ve added a module called “ACI Airport Data.” This dataset includes detailed breakdowns of aircraft movements, passengers and cargo. It covers 1,200 airports monthly and 2,500 airports annually (from 175 countries), from 2014+.
- NTSB Case Analysis and Reporting Online (CAROL) – NTSB’s database now has two different entry points. “CAROL” is for accident data and safety recommendations from 2008+.
- RefWorks – A new version of Write-n-Cite will prompt software updates.
- SAGE Data Visualization – A collection of how-to instructional aids for expressing data visually. Includes practice datasets, instructional videos and more. (This add-on to SAGE Research Methods can be utilized separately or within SAGE Research Methods.)
- Web of Science – A new platform and interface should make this resource easier and faster to use. (Note: To include Web of Science citations in your EagleSearch results, check the box at the top of the results page, “Add results beyond your library’s collection.”
New and upcoming online library service enhancements
An additional chat icon now appears proactively on the library website and within EagleSearch results. Since implementation this summer, chat activity with research librarians has increased by over 50%.
Recent improvements in EagleSearch allow you to limit search results by either print books OR ebooks. (Formerly the results were mixed by type of book.) Additionally, we’ve been able to turn off some of the intermediary pages in our search results, which were resulting in extra clicking for access.
Requesting library instruction
To request library instruction (virtual or in person), a research guide or a video tutorial, please see Instructional Support options
A reminder that several library webinars on topics such as picking a topic and literature reviews are available on-demand by audience type.
Long-term research librarian Clayton Cassella will be leaving Embry-Riddle next month. His contribution to our self-service research aids, library instruction and reference service have been invaluable.
Research librarian Karyl Johnson completed a second master’s degree, this one from ERAU-WW, Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Project Management.