Daytona Beach Borrow and Renew (Access Services - Circulation)
The Access Services Department of the Hunt Library helps to ensure superior service through efficient management of the library's collections. We are committed to providing timely and courteous service to all library users. Media Services is a part of the Access Services Department and operates from the BORROW Desk.
The Access Services Department is located behind the BORROW Desk to the left upon entering the library.
The Access Services staff can assist you with all of the following:
- Checking library materials in and out
- Renewing library materials
- Answering questions about your library account
- Retrieving materials from the Reserve and Special Collections
- Locating items in the stacks
- Answering directional questions
- Lost and found items
- Referring patrons to appropriate library departments for further assistance
- Media Services
Our ERAU affiliated patrons (students, faculty and staff) may check out circulating items by presenting a valid EAGLEcard. For more information on how to obtain an EAGLEcard, visit the EAGLEcard website or contact the EAGLEcard center at 386-226-7578.
There is no limit on the number of circulating print items currently-enrolled students and active staff and faculty may check out. Media equipment and material from the video/DVD collection have varying loan periods depending on the item and the patron's status (student, staff, or faculty).
All patrons are responsible for any materials checked out on their cards and for any fines incurred. Lost or stolen cards should be reported at the EAGLEcard office immediately. Otherwise you will be held accountable for the unauthorized use of your EAGLEcard.
Please notify Access Services Staff of any changes to your contact information so we can keep our records current. Library notices relating to recalls, overdue materials, and your library account are sent to the email or physical address we have on file.
The Hunt Library bases our Confidentiality Policy on Florida Statute (s 257.261.F.S.0) as it pertains to patron confidentiality and privacy of patron records. Please see the library's Confidentiality Policy for more information.
View information about Loan Periods.
Circulating print materials may be renewed if there are no holds or recalls placed on the item. To renew materials, bring the materials and your EAGLEcard to the BORROW Desk or renew online. Items may not be renewed by telephone. Both undergraduate and graduate students may renew materials up to three times. All materials are subject to recall after 14 days or 3 days, depending upon the original loan period. Recall due dates supersede the original due date. Please return recalled items by the new due date to avoid incurring overdue fines and suspension of library privileges. In the event of a recall, a notice will be mailed to the address on file.
To renew an item online follow the instructions below. If the item has already been renewed the maximum number of times or is recalled by another patron, then it must be returned to the library before it can be renewed again.
- Access the Voyager Online catalog.
- Click on My Account.
- Enter the library barcode found on the back of the EAGLEcard.
- Enter your last name.
- Click on Log in.
- The screen should show your personal information, including the books that are currently checked-out to you.
- Under checked-out Items, in the Renew? column, check the boxes next to the items to be renewed. Then click on the Renew Items button at the bottom of the list.
- If the renewal was successful, then a new due date should appear in the Renewal Status column (to the right of each item). It is your responsibility to scroll through the list and verify the new due date for EACH item. As stated above, some items may not be renewed.
- It is advisable to print the results of your online renewal before logging off. In the case of any overdue fine disputes, we cannot forgive any fines without a printout (this must be printed before logging off, on the same day that you attempted to renew the items). Note that presentation of a printout does not guarantee that fines will be removed. If the online renewal process is not successful, you are still responsible for returning the items on the due date.
- When finished, click on the Logoff button at the top of the screen. If you have any problems or questions, you may call the Access Services Department during library hours, at 386-226-6592.
My Library Account allows you to manage your library account by keeping up with what materials you have checked out, when they are due and if you owe any overdue fines, as well as the status of any recalls you may have placed.
To access your My Library Account:
- Log in to the Voyager Online Catalog.
- Type in your library barcode (found on the back of your EAGLEcard and begins with 21745).
- Type in your last name.
- Click on the Log in button or press Enter.
- Click on the light blue My Account tab at the top of the screen.
You will find a list of all the items you have checked out, when they were checked out and when they are due back to the library. You may also renew your library materials up to three times using My Library Account.
If you have any questions while using My Library Account, contact the Access Services staff by calling
386-226-6592 or emailing email@example.com.