Because the Hunt Library is located in a temporary space in the Student Center Annex until the opening of the new student union/library, some library materials are housed in storage locations on campus. All items in storage are available, and may be requested by placing a “Callslip” request from the library’s online catalog using the barcode number on your active EAGLEcard. Items from storage are retrieved several times per day and will be available to the requesting patron within 24 hours. Patrons will be notified of availability via email.
Callslip requests may be placed at the ASK Desk with the assistance of a Research Librarian, at the BORROW Desk with the assistance of an Access Services staff member, or directly through the Voyager online catalog from your home or office.
1. Callslip requests are placed from the item record in Voyager. Once the needed item is identified as having a location in Storage R or Storage C, select the “Request Item” tab from the “Actions” menu at the far right of the screen.
2. A prompt will appear for a library barcode number and last name. If you are unable to login, please contact the Access Services Department (386-226-6592) to be sure your card is registered and up-to-date.
3. Once logged in, select the Callslip option.
4. The next screen will confirm the title you are requesting. Enter your library barcode number again in the Library Barcode field. Click on the “Submit” button.
5. You should see a message stating “Your request was successful.”
You will receive an email when your item is available for pick up at the Hunt Library's BORROW Desk. Daytona Beach faculty and staff should respond to the email with contact and office information if they would like the item delivered to their on-campus office. See Requesting Book Delivery for more information.
If an item in storage does not allow a Callslip request option, contact the library, or visit the ASK Desk for assistance.
The Voyager online catalog is your online access to the library’s collections.